Are you looking for the best scope for your best crossbow on the market? We are here for you. There are indeed plenty of brands making crossbow scopes, and it can be hard to find the right one. That’s why we have done the hard work for you.
After hours of analyzing different brands, customer reviews, and features, ten crossbow scopes stood out.
Here are brief crossbow scope reviews to help you pick the right one.
10 Best Crossbow Scopes for 2022
1. UTG 4X32 1″: Best Choice
If you are on a tight budget but still want a solid optic, this 4 X 32 Crossbow Scope from UTG fits the bill. This fixed crossbow scope has a lot to offer, such as its 32mm objective lens, which has extra layers of coatings to make it durable and help with light transmission. This makes it great for when you are trying to hit distant targets.
The 4X magnification coupled with the 32mm objective lens is excellent for a crossbow as it creates clear, bright pictures. The fixed nature of this optic’s power makes it compact and simple.
Its reticle comprises five horizontal lines standardized for 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 years when paired with the 300 FPS crossbow. This makes range estimation and compensation easy, even for beginner hunters.
Overall, the UTG 4X32 is one of the best scopes for crossbows for people on a tight budget.
- It makes sighting super easy, thanks to the red and green reticles.
- This scope is well-designed and durable.
- The locking rings make it easy for one to mount the crossbow and keep it in place.
- It is one of the best crossbow scope models under $100.
- It is a little heavier compared to other optics in its price range.
2. CVLIFE 3-9×40: Best Value
This is another excellent scope you can attach to your crossbow for precise hits. There are several reasons it made it to our list.
The CVLIFE 3-9X40 optics is water-resistant, fog proof, and shockproof to enable you to use your sniper rifle or crossbow in any weather, even in rainy or foggy winters.
Another great feature of the CVLIFE crossbow scope is the 3-9X40 power scope. The 9-power scope allows one to focus on any target at a long distance with preciseness. What’s more? The 9-power focus enlargement gives you an accurate and precise image of the target so you can hit without a miss.
In terms of flexibility, the CVLIFE scope can fit in a wide variety of crossbows and riffles, making it highly versatile.
This scope’s intelligent design, coupled with its image clarity, optimum brightness adjustment, and powerful zoom, makes it the best hunting scope in its category. Not to mention that it’s affordably priced.
- The 9-power scope adjustment gives you quality and clear images.
- It fits nicely in a wide variety of sniper rifle brands and crossbows.
- It is fog proof, waterproof, and shockproof.
- This scope is lightweight and has impressive designs.
- It is also relatively affordable.
- Has limited warranty period.
- Some people struggle to keep the scope zero.
3. TenPoint HCA-097-II: Best Scope for TenPoint Crossbow
If there is a crossbow scope known to have excellent optic quality, it’s this HCA-097-II scope from TenPoint. These lenses are fully multi-coated, meaning they are great for light transmission. Therefore, if you are looking for scopes to help you hunt in darker conditions such as dusk or dawn, look no further than this crossbow scope from TenPoint.
In terms of design, the TenPoint Crossbows HCA-097-II excels as it has a compact design. Measuring 8.5 inches and having a 32mm tube, this scope is reasonably lightweight, making it great for long-distance hunting.
We mentioned that this crossbow scope has good-quality optical components. For one, it’s fully multi-coated, meaning it can transmit light in precise angles even when hunting your prey in dark conditions. The fully multi-coated lenses are the best when it comes to brightness transmission, and this makes these top-notch optics that can take your hunting to a new level, thanks to the accuracy it provides.
They have 3X fixed magnification making it easier for you to zoom in or zoom out your target.
- It is easy to use and adjust.
- They are lightweight thanks to their compact design.
- They are fully multi-coated and thus will give you crystal clear images.
- Red and green dots are only available in darker conditions.
- It doesn’t protect against sun glare.
4. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-12×56: Best Illuminated Crossbow Scope for Low Light
The Crossfire II Series was designed to give users good value for their money. Not only does it have quality components, but it also provides clear and bright images as well as long eye relief.
This low light scope has a large 56mm objective lens with an exit pupil of 4.6mm. This gives you more comprehensive images and preciseness. What’s more? It has 11 brightness settings features on the turret on top of its eyepiece. With all these brightness settings, you will attain a positive target acquisition in low light conditions.
Also, with the additional 30mm tube body, you have a more adjustment range. What’s more? The Vortex Optics crossbow scope is made from aircraft-grade aluminum, making it not only durable but also lightweight.
In addition, it features finger-adjustable turrets that can be reset to zero to make it easy for you to get precise targets for long-distance shots. And to help correct for parallax when making extremely close or long shots, this scope allows you to set its objective lens from 10 yards to infinity.
On the downside, there were complaints from some customers about fogging image quality, especially during humid weather, but this must have been corrected in newer models.
- It is relatively affordable.
- This scope features 11 brightness settings.
- It’s lightweight and super compact, making it an easy addition to your weaponry.
- It gives clear and bright optics thanks to its high-quality Vortex glass.
- It comes with all the accessories you need.
- And it is durable and solidly built.
- It doesn’t come with a lens cover.
- The dot can be too dim, especially in cold weather.
- Short battery life.
5. Excalibur Tact-Zonex 2.5-6x32mm: Best Scope for Excalibur Crossbow
This is a small and lightweight scope that can easily mount on any crossbow or rifle. Its 32mm objective lens gives you sharp and clear views. This objective lens may indeed be limiting for some users, but Excalibur gives you a field of view of 25ft at the base magnification (X2.5). This is more than enough to help you shoot any moving target.
What’s more? You can magnify your prey up to 6 times, giving you plenty of options to shoot in both long and short distances.
The scope uses super precise illuminated reticles to allow you to spot your prey even in the dark. In other words, this scope gives you the flexibility to hunt at night.
This scope uses multi-coated lenses to give you pristine images. What’s more? The lenses are purged with dry nitrogen to prevent fogging when hunting in cold weather. With this scope from Excalibur, you can hunt in any weather condition as it is designed to withstand harsh conditions. And although it is doesn’t have a rugged body, its aluminum constructions withstand simple knocks and harsh weather elements.
- Has multi-coated lenses for pristine images.
- It is solidly built to make it impact and water-resistant.
- It has a magnification of between 2.5X and 6X for short and long-distance shooting.
- Fog-proof lenses.
- Illuminate reticles to allow night hunting.
- It comes with poor lens covers.
6. Barnett w/Rings 4x32mm: Best Scope for Barnett Crossbow
Barnet has made a name in the hunting industry, and this crossbow scope demonstrates why this company continues to make a name in this niche.
Not only is it a perfect fit for all full-size crossbows, but it also has a simple design that makes it great for everyone. Not to mention that it is shockproof and waterproof, meaning it retains its zero even after falls and knocks.
Spotting a target with this scope is easy thanks to the 4X magnification as well as the automated 5-point multi-reticle system. This scope gives you a wide field of view and doesn’t compromise image quality. Weighing 12.8 ounces, this scope is lightweight and thus doesn’t interfere with your aim. This scope does well at a long range.
- It is water-resistant and shockproof, making it an all-weather hunting scope.
- It has 4X magnification to help you hit targets in both short and long distances.
- And it is compatible with all crossbars.
- The 5-point automated multi-reticle cross-hair system allows you to hit moving targets with ease.
- Has excellent clarity at long range.
- It offers a wide field of view to help you hit moving targets with ease.
- Fogs easily in colder weathers.
- The included rings are not of good quality.
7. Hawke Crossbow 1.5-5×32 IR SR: Best Crossbow Scope On The Market
This crossbow scope from Hawke has garnered a lot of praise for its clarity and optical performance both during the day and night. With its excellent image quality and clear illumination feature, you can easily see your prey that is yards away.
Another great thing about this scope is that you can only adjust the speed to match your bow’s speed with the built-in speed selector feature. The only problem here is that speed adjustment also adjusts the magnification. Therefore, when you adjust speed, the magnification changes too. This means you have to know which one to use in different instances.
Another thing you will like about this scope is the sturdy build that enables it to withstand harsh environments. Overall, considering that this is a budget crossbow scope, it performs optimally.
- It delivers clear images even in low light.
- It has a magnification ranging between 1.5X and 5X to allow you to hit close-range and long-range targets with great precision.
- Fully multi-coated optics for pristine images.
- It is a budget-friendly crossbow scope.
- Illuminated reticles give you accurate aims at intervals of between 10 yards and 100 years.
- The speed selector feature alters the magnification.
8. Nikon XR: Best Crossbow Scope for The Money
Nikon offers great scope in the Bolt XR Crossbow Scope. The scope boasts of great features and is solidly built. For those looking for a crossbow scope that is lightweight and durable, this scope from Nikon fits the bill nicely.
Firstly, its lens is multi-coated with anti-reflective compounds to give you crisp images with great clarity. Its 3x optics allow the lens to transmit up to 92% of the available light to maximize brightness. The 3X magnification allows you to zoom in on your prey from up to 60 yards.
The zero-resets turrets make it easy for one to sight in even at 20 yards. You need to lift the adjustment knob to rotate back to zero and reset. This makes field adjustment a breeze.
Nikon boasts a field of view of 35.6 at 100 yards, thereby allowing you to examine your landscape and zero in on your target swiftly.
This scope is practically indestructible thanks to its solid built that is also shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof. This makes it perfect for hunting in bad weather.
- It has an eye relief feature that keeps your eyes safe from recoil.
- The scope has a weatherproof design making it an all-weather hunting scope.
- The zero-reset adjustment turrets make it easy for one to zero in on a target.
- It’s also shockproof, meaning it can hold zero without having to adjust now and then.
- This crossbow doesn’t come with its rings, which means you have to purchase them separately.
- The dots are difficult to see when not well illuminated.
9. TRUGLO 4X32 Compact Scope: Best Cheap Crossbow Scope
This TRUGLO 4X32 crossbow scope features a 32mm lens and 4-inches eye relief. Its tube is made from aluminum and comes with 1-inch mounting rings.
It has 4X magnification and offers you a clear image and resolution. It is also a unique reticle for trajectory compensation and range-finding.
In addition, this scope has fully coated optics and has excellent brightness. However, you can’t adjust it to different speeds, so you have to change the range manually.
- It offers ample field of view to give you room to hit moving prey with precision.
- It has good brightness.
- The unique reticle is quite helpful.
- You can’t adjust it to various speeds.
- Rings might not be compatible with all crossbow types.
10. NIKW9 Prostaff P3 3×32: Top-rated Crossbow Scope
If you are searching for a 3X scope in the market that offers excellent optical components and is solidly built, then you might want to consider the Prostaff P3. Not only does it provide generous eye relief and a rugged 1-inch tube, but it also has fully multi-coated optics.
Nikon is known for making optics with outstanding quality, and this scope is an example of what they can do. The Prostaff P3 has 3x magnification and features a BDC reticle designed to maximize the range.
Despite lacking illumination, users have not complained of difficulty when hunting in low light conditions. It has anti-reflective compounds on its glass surface to help you get vivid and bright images as well as excellent light transmission. Many users have praised it for having crisp images.
The all-metal scope is made from aircraft-grade aluminum for durability.
- It is solidly built thus durable.
- You can instantly reset turrets to zero.
- Fully multi-coated optics.
- Feature 4-inch eye relief.
- Excellent light transmission for brighter images.
- It has fixed 3X magnification making it less versatile.
Crossbow hunting requires one to invest in the right tools. But what matters most is the type of scope that you invest in.
We have reviewed some of the best crossbow scopes for long-range and short-range. It would be best to analyze your needs when buying scopes to ensure that you purchase the right one.
We do hope you have found the best scope for crossbow on our list. And our experts highly recommend you buy Vortex Optics Crossfire II, TenPoint HCA-097-II, UTG 4X32, and NIKW9 Prostaff P3. Happy bow hunting!